You will need the following in order to enroll for any of our courses:
- Desktop or Laptop computer (recommended).
- Tablet or smart phone (optional). (Recommend to download the mobile APP.)
- Internet Access:
- At least 4mb download and 1mb upload speed required for a stable connection.
- Internet browser, such as Internet Explorer, Google Chrome or Firefox. (Alternatively you can use the download links below.)
- Acrobat read for selected courses. (Alternatively you can use the download links below.)
- Microsoft word reader and editor. (Alternatively you can install the free Open Office package on the link below.)
- Mobile devices: Our site is mobile friendly, but alternatively you can download the “Moodle APP” from the Apple or Google store.
How much bandwidth do I need when using 3G or 4G/LTE
You need to have a data plan on your mobile devices to start or join a video meeting.
For iPad, the active speaker will be in a non full-screen mode when transmitting in 3G or 4G/LTE.
For iPhone, the active speaker will be in full screen mode when transmitting in 3G or 4G/LTE.
For both iPad and iPhone, you can see full screen with sufficient mobile bandwidth. You can also see multiple attendees in gallery view.
If the bandwidth is low, it will automatically scale to a smaller screen.
Note: To conserve data usage on mobile plan, you can turn off video. Or jump to “home” screen, iOS will put the app into “recording” mode which turns off video automatically, preserving audio.