Now you can also visit the public discussion on QCTO related topics here.
About the QCTO
Quality Council for Trades & Occupations
The QCTO is one of the three Quality Councils provided for in the National Qualifications Framework Act (NQF Act No. 67 of 2008).
The QCTO was established under the Skills Development Act as amended in 2008 and became operational on the 1st April 2010 following the publication of Government Gazette No 33059, 1st April 2010
- QCTO vision is to qualify a skilled and capable workforce.
- The QCTO’s mission is to effectively and efficiently manage the occupational qualifications sub-framework in order to set standards, develop and quality assure national occupational qualifications for all who want a trade or occupation and, where appropriate, professions.
Innovation and Excellence
- We rise to opportunities and challenges, we continuously learn, we are innovative and we consistently produce work of distinction and fine quality, on time, and in line with our clients’ needs.
Empowerment and Recognition
- We enable people to make things happen, we encourage and support one another when and where needed, and we celebrate successful accomplishment of work.
Respect and Dignity
- We value and show consideration for all the people we work with, treat one another with kindness and thoughtfulness, and embrace inclusivity.
Ethics and Integrity
- We embrace and practice a moral code of trustworthiness, honesty and truthfulness in everything we say and do, and we honour our promises and commitments.
Ownership and Accountability
- We take ownership of our responsibilities and we answer for our decisions and actions.
- We protect the public by issuing authentic, quality qualifications.